So I've been on a big skincare kick recently...trying lots of new products and brands. I've also been reading and researching a lot more about what skin really needs to stay healthy. It started when I made a new year resolution to drink more water and I saw how that was really improving my skin and I was getting less breakouts. So after all my research I decided to really simplify my routine and get rid of everything with bad chemicals and fragrance.
Sunday, January 25, 2015
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Monday, October 13, 2014
Hey guys! Recently I saw a look created by the gorgeous Teni Panosian on YouTube (check out her channel here! ) that she called 'sunset eyes' and I knew I had to try and re create the look!
She used a trio of the new Makeup Forever single eye shadows which were SO pretty but I had to improvise and try to find similar colors in what makeup I had. This just goes to show that just because makeup gurus you love to watch use expensive makeup doesn't mean you can't create a look similar with the cheap stuff!
Here is her look:
Thursday, October 9, 2014
Two posts in one day, whats the world coming to??
Just wanted to share a quick look/tutorial on an easy Halloween look you can rock this year: pop art makeup!
This is a very rough draft of what I plan to do for Halloween this year but I still wanted to write about it in case anyone else wanted to try it out!
What you will need:
- Your normal makeup plus a BRIGHT pink blush
- NYX jumbo pencil in Milk (or any white eyeliner pencil or makeup)
- black liquid eyeliner
- bright blue eyeshadow
- bright red lipstick
- Start with your normal makeup routine: foundation, concealer etc.
- contour your face and add LOTS of pink blush. Seriously go crazy with it.
- use the nyx milk pencil as an eyeshadow base and then use a bright blue eyeshadow on top
- line your eyes with liquid or gel eyeliner
- using a liquid eyeliner outline and fill in your brows to make them super black and full and slightly turned up on the inside. This is optional but it makes the emotion really pop. You can play around with the shape
- add "expression" lines around the face with the black liquid eyeliner ( I did some around the inside of my brows, in the crease of my eye, along my cheekbone, nose, cupids bow, chin, and mouth)
- line your mouth with black eyeliner
- fill in with whatever red lipstick you have. Don't worry about messing it up you can go back over the black liner.
- Add white pencil to the lips for a "shiny" look. I couldn't get mine bright white enough so I used white nail polish. This is probably terrible for you so I don't recommend it, but it gets the job done.
- Using the NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk go over your entire face with little while dots. Just press the tip onto your skin and twist and you should get a nice looking dot)
That's pretty much it! You can use different colors, add tear drops, use red dots instead of white, there are lots of ways to make this look unique! I plan to add a bright yellow wig and maybe some tears on the big night (Halloween!)
Practice makes perfect so give this look a try before you wear it out to see what is easy and what you need to work on. Good luck! :)
Hey guys! I've been busy this month so far doing my 31 days of Pink lips for breast cancer awareness month but it has been super fun! I've been rediscovering lots of old favorites in my collection that I'm excited to wear more. Here are a few of those looks:
(click here to follow me on Instagram for day to day posts on these lipsticks!)
Anyway, todays post is all about dark lips for fall. Every year it seems like as the weather gets colder people find it appropriate to wear dark lipstick. Totally fine with me!
This might be THE darkest lipstick I own...
It's a little patchy but I'm still working out the best way to get full color with this one. I think one coat, let it dry, then apply another.
This is the NYX soft matte lip cream in 'Transylvania'
I don't own any good really dark lip liners (I'm going to get Mac's nightmoth soon!) so I improvised and found this to be a pretty good substitute:
Jordana eyeliner in Eggplant. Yes this is an eyeliner but I haven't run into any problems using it as a lip liner for really dark lipsticks. The color is a very dark blackened plum. Above it is swatched next to NYX Transylvania.
So what do you think of dark lips? Would you go out in public like this? I think they are lovely but I wouldn't wear it to church or anything haha. It really makes my skin look like porcelain which I kinda dig.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
It's the last day of the month so you know what time it is...favorites time!
I didn't make a favorites post for last month (oopsie doodle!) So I made sure to have plenty to add to this months favorites :)
I've been have REALLY awesome luck (knock on wood!) with my skin lately so I will start off with my skin care favorites:
Pixi Glow Tonic ($29.00 at pixibeauty.com)
This alcohol free toner came into my life about 2 months ago and it has really been a game changer! At first I didn't really notice a difference but then I noticed little to no breakouts and this has been the main change in my skin care routine, so it must be this! This is for "normal to dry, dull aging skin" according tothe website. I've tried a lot of toners and this one really makes my skin feel fresh without over drying it. I like to apply this morning and night using these exfoliating cotton pads:
In the morning all I do it wash my face off with water only and pat dry, then use the glow tonic followed by my moisturizer. At night I use my cleanser and then use the glow tonic after followed by my night time moisturizer.
Simple Ultra Light Gel Moisturizer ($8.99 on amazon )
This has been my night time moisturizer for the past 2 months. Over the summer especially my skin gets very oily and this has been a life saver! It is a clear gel, almost like pure aloe, so it's very cooling and light on the skin. It is all natural and great for sensitive skin. I'm sure when it starts to get colder I will switch to a heavier night cream but for now this has been great for my normal/oily skin at night.
Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream ($18.00 at Ulta )
I ordered this eye cream a few weeks ago because I wanted something that offered more intensive moisture at night. During the day I use the cereva eye repair cream but this eye cream by Mario Badescu is great for night time. You only need the tiniest amount and it glides on smoothly around the orbital bone and keeps the eye area moisturized all night long. I wake up and the skin around my eyes feels soft and smooth and refreshed.
EOS shaving cream ( $3.99 at Walgreens )
This shaving cream is so good! I was a skintamates fan for years but I am officially sold on this stuff. IT doesn't lather up like a foam, its more creamy and moisturizing like a lotion. I have had WAY less irritation and bumps on my legs after using this to shave.
Loreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation ($12.99 at Ulta )
I was hesitant to try this foundation for the longest time. Not sure why really. I guess I was afraid of how sheer it would be. But this foundation is the perfect 'everyday, just running errands or seeing friends' foundation. It is very liquidy and I like to apply it with my fingers, so there is the added bonus of convenience. The coverage is sheer but build-able to medium. The texture is really cool in that it really does dry to a powder finish, so it's great for my oily/combo skin.
Mac lip pencil in Dervish ( $16 at Mac )
I've always been a big fan of wearing lip pencils filled in as your entire lip color. They last a long time and you barely notice them on your lips. This is a great everyday neutral pink color that works great on its own or as a liner with lots of different lipsticks.
Revlon Nail Polish in 'Vixen' ( $3.99 at drugstore.com )
(Disclaimer - these are NOT my nails haha. I'm not quite ready for the world to see my very mediocre nail painting skills)
This nail polish is my go to fall/winter color. Oxblood red is just so flattering on everyone and is a staple in anyone's nail collection. The formula is great too, 2 coats gets a streak free opaque finish and it lasts a lot longer than some more expensive polishes out there *coughESSIEcough*
Bath and Body Works Fall candles (Warm Caramel Cider $22 at Bath and Body Works )
(disclaimer - these go on sale a lot and you can get them 2 for 22 for I'd keep an eye out for that!)
I looooove this scent for fall. Its very warm and slightly spicy and fills my entire living room with yummy fall smells. I recently had a few people over for dinner and when people walked in a few said "It smells like fall in here!" Which is exactly what I was going for :) I'm excited to get more flavors for the holidays! What took me so long to get on the candle bandwagon you ask? Well my husband can't smell. He is anosmic and literally can't smell anything so I just went without candles for a while. But they are back in my life in a big way!
Caramel Apple Sangria
Oooooooh man. I made this a few nights ago for a girls night and it was SO. GOOD. It literally tastes like you are drinking a caramel apple. It was super easy to make too! If you're wondering about the container it was from wal mart for about $20 and holds 2 gallons with a spout.
Here is the recipe:
Caramel Apple Sangria
2 bottles of white wine, you're choice. To make it extra sweet go for pinot grigio or riesling, to cut back the sweetness a bit use sauvignon blanc
5 cups apple cider
2 cups club soda
1 cup caramel vodka
3 honeycrisp apples chopped
2 pears chopped
2 cinnamon sticks
- cut the fruit and place in the bottom of your pitcher or jug
- combine all of the ingredients except the cinnamon sticks
- stir, stir, stir
- let sit overnight (or at least a couple hours)
- about 4 hours before serving, throw in the cinnamon sticks
- stir, stir, stir
- serve chilled or over ice
- **note: you could also save the club soda until right before serving. this would make the drink a bit crisper
Man Up! By Ross Mathews ($14 on Amazon )
This book is HILARIOUS. Such a fun and light hearted read.
So those are all of my favorites for September! Hope you enjoyed this post and got some ideas to try out :)
Friday, September 26, 2014
Now that fall is here I've been going through my lipstick collection and re discovering lots of deep wine and berry tones that I absolutely love. One that I can't believe I haven't picked up in a while especially: Mac Rebel!
This lipstick is so unique and versatile. You can gently pat it on to your lips for a bright pink stain or wear it full on for a deep pinkish berry color, OR you can wear it over a dark lip liner such as Mac nightmoth for a much deeper purple look. So much potential! The formula is creamy and smooth and staying power is insanely good. Although, keep in mind that the longer it wears the less dark and more pink it will look.
Here is a fall inspired look I did using Mac Rebel as the main focal point!
- I mixed my Revlon colorstay (oily/combo) in 200 nude with Loreal Lumi Foundation and applied it with my Sigma F80 brush all over. By mixing these two foundations I got great coverage and a finish that is somewhere between matte (colorstay) and dewy (loreal lumi)
- Mac pro longwear concealer in NW20 to cover my dark under eye circles and a few spots and scars on my face. I pat this on with my fingers and use an Elf studo flawless concealer brush to further blend it into the skin
- To powder I used the Coty airspun translucent powder on a Real Techniques due fiber face brush. This brush allows you to apply a VERY light amount. I used this all over the face and to set my under eye area.
- For brows I used the Loreal Brow Stylist Sculptor pencil in blonde. GASP! I didn't use my brow wiz in caramel?? What is this world coming to. I applied a sheer amount of too faced shadow insurance along my brows just to allow the pencil to last longer.
- I skipped bronzer cause who cares.
- For blush I used my Clinique cheek pop blush in Berry pop. This is a fantastic blush to go with the mac rebel lipstick!
- For a base I used the Laura Mercier caviar stick in Amethyst. I freaking love that thing. I used a blending brush to cover my entire eyelid and lower lashline
- Along my lashline I used Revlon eyeliner in blackberry and on the upper and lower waterlines I used my Mally waterproof black eyeliner.
- For mascara I used Too Faced Better than Sex mascara. So good.
- First I patted Mac Rebel onto my lips with my finger to create a base stain and then I just went in straight from the bullet and applied a generous amount.
And that's it! Pretty simple look with a dramatic lip. Everything I used is very long wearing and can be softened for daytime or made more dramatic for night time with some winged eyeliner. Hope you enjoyed the look!
© Glamorcast | Makeup - Beauty - Fashion. All rights reserved.