Hey guys! Recently I saw a look created by the gorgeous Teni Panosian on YouTube (check out her channel here! ) that she called 'sunset eyes' and I knew I had to try and re create the look!
She used a trio of the new Makeup Forever single eye shadows which were SO pretty but I had to improvise and try to find similar colors in what makeup I had. This just goes to show that just because makeup gurus you love to watch use expensive makeup doesn't mean you can't create a look similar with the cheap stuff!
Here is her look:
So obviously we have very different skin tones but the colors still totally worked for me so I think they could work on anyone! Here is my version:
I added some winged liner for a bit more drama and my colors are a bit warmer than the ones she used, but overall I was pretty happy with the result! Ok here are the products I used:
- I mixed Revlon colorstay combo/oily foundation with Loreal Lumi foundation to get a nice natural finish to the skin. Not too matte, not too dewy
- For bronzer I used the Rimmel bronzer in Sun Light around my hairline, cheeks and jawline
- To add a bit more contour I used the Illamasqa cream pigment in hollow
- For blush I used Tarte 'exposed' amazonian clay blush
- To conceal my under eyes and a few spots I used the Mac pro longwear concealer in NW20 and to highlight I used the Maybelline dream lumi pen in Ivory under my eyes and on the tops of my cheek bones in a V shape
- To set under my eyes I used the Hourglass ambient lighting powder in dim light and everywhere else I used my trusty coty airspun translucent powder
- To add more highlight I used the Balm mary-lou manizer on the high points of my face
- To fill in my brows I used the loreal brow sculpt stylist in blonde at the inner part and towards the middle/tail I used the anastasia brow wiz in caramel. I used 2 different products to get a bit of an ombre' effect. The camera didn't really pick it up well but in person it looked better I swear!
- NYX retractable lip pencil in nude to line and fill in
- Mac 'Kinda Sexy' lipstick. My current favorite nude!
- For a base I went with the Maybelline color tattoo in creamy beige (part of their leather collection) all over the lid and blended into the crease a bit
- In the crease I used the warmest brown shade I could find (since I don't have a good orange shade yet) So I went with my Sonia Kashuk matte neutral palette and chose the "most orange" looking medium brown shade.
- On the outer edge and a bit in the crease I used a shade from my Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette. It's on the bottom row, fourth shade from the right, a deep matte plum shade.
- For the darkest brown I used the shade 'matte wood' from the Balm's Meet Matte Nude palette. I used this shadow close to my lash line and did not blend it past the crease.
- For liner I used my Mally waterproof black pencil liner in midnight, smudged along the lash line and in the upper and lower waterlines
- I then took my Stila stay all day liquid pen eyeliner to make the line more crisp and dark and add a wing
- I use the medium and dark brown shades on the lower lash line to smoke it out a bit
- For mascara I used cover girl clump crusher and added 'Kiss' false eyelashes (number 03) I love these because they aren't too long but still add drama.
So that's it! A smokey eye look perfect for fall with a mix of drugstore and high end products. Like I said, it is easier than you might think to find ways to recreate looks using more expensive items with what you may already own or cheaper drugstore options. Hope you enjoyed this tutorial :)